Things to Know Prior to Registration
- Advising: It is recommended that you meet with your academic advisor prior to registering for classes to confirm the courses you would like to take will apply towards your degree.
- Enrollment Appointments: Date and time for which a student can begin registering for Summer Term.
- Credit Limits / Credit Overload: Session and term limits for maximum student enrollment during Summer Term.
- Holds/Outstanding Items
- Estimate your fees: Visit our Fee Estimator to see the breakdown of fees and tuition.
- View Schedule: Course dates, times, instructors, special course fees; and add, drop, and payment deadlines are listed under the course information.
- Waitlist: NEW for Summer Term 2023. Waitlist will stop May 10, 2023.
- Students are academically and financially responsible for the classes in which they register.
- Students who are unable to attend should drop the course by the drop deadline date to remove their obligation to pay.
- Students who register and do not pay will be purged (administratively dropped) with a 50% penalty.
- Students should be aware of their schedule and financial situation prior to registering to avoid any late penalties.
- Please review the Summer Term drop policies before registering.
Student Responsibility When Registering for Classes
Summer Term policies are different from Fall and Spring at UNLV. It is the responsibility of the student to be aware of the add/drop dates and payment deadlines to avoid late fee penalties.
Register for ClassesLogin to your MyUNLV account to register for classes. Registration Guides are available.
Confirm Registration: Once you have completed all three steps of registration, confirm your registration by checking your class schedule. To check your schedule go to your Rebel Student Homepage, click on Enrollment tile and then click on View My Classes.
View Balance and Pay: From your Rebel Student Homepage, click on the My Account tile to view payment due dates and amounts. Pay for classes online using a credit/debit card or in person at the Cashier's Office. For information regarding payment plans, visit the Payment Plan section on the Summer Term website or contact Summer Term
There are a variety of holds that can restrict your registration (e.g., financial, library, parking, administrative). Holds on your account or outstanding items on your to-do list may prevent enrollment. Log in to the MyUNLV Rebel Student
Homepage and click on the “Tasks” tile to review your to-do list and holds. The warning you receive in online registration should include a phone number that you can call to take care of that particular hold. For general assistance regarding holds on your account call the Summer Term office at
Course prerequisites are conditions that must be met before registering for a particular course. If you receive a prerequisite error when attempting to enroll in a course, contact the department or college advising center under which the course is offered. If a waiver is granted, permission entered in the MyUNLV system will allow you to add the course. Be proactive and contact the department early to discuss prerequisites.
Full Class Sections
If a course section is full, students must obtain permission from the department the course section falls under. Once a department has granted a student permission to add a course, then the student may add the course through the Enrollment tile under the Rebel Student Homepage in MyUNLV. Students are not allowed to attend a course that they are not registered in.
Summer Term Waitlist
Effective Summer Term 2023, waitlist will be available from March 13, 2023 through May 10, 2023. During this time, you may opt onto the waitlist during the enrollment process. Waitlist is an automated process that runs once a day. Open seats in classes with students on the waitlist will be held until the waitlist job runs. This ensures students on the waitlist have priority for the open seats. Students are responsible for maintaining their own waitlist. If you are on a waitlist and no longer wish to enroll in a course, you MUST drop from the waitlist.
After May 10, 2023 waitlists will be cleared and students can enroll in any open classes.
For more information please review the Waitlist Guide.
General Education Core Requirements
Check the appropriate catalog and see your advisor before registering for classes that satisfy core requirements. This is especially important because different majors may require different courses to fulfill these requirements. Core requirements are listed in the Undergraduate Catalog.
Change in Class Schedule and Cancellation of Course Offerings
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas reserves the right to change class times, days, buildings, room numbers, instructors, fees, etc. where circumstances warrant such changes. The University reserves the right to cancel any course for which a suitable instructor is not available or which is underenrolled. It is the student's responsibility to check with the department before the class begins to see if any changes have been made. The online course listings are updated daily. Students are encouraged to check for additions, changes, and cancellations.
Student Addresses and Phone Numbers
It is your responsibility to keep the University informed of your contact information so that appropriate correspondence can be mailed to you. You can update this information through your Personal Information tile on the Rebel Student Homepage in MyUNLV.
Transcripts can be ordered online through the Office of the Registrar website. There is a $10 processing fee per transcript and a shipping charge per envelope. You can also pay for and pick up your transcript in person from the Office of the Registrar located in
The National Student Clearinghouse