Dates listed below are for standard session courses. See specific course listings on the Summer Term online schedule (summerterm.unlv.edu) for the applicable drop dates for special courses that do not meet within the dates of Session I, II, or III.
Fiscal Drop Policy
A 100% refund is available to a student who drops the course the business day before the session begins.
The 100% refund dates for Summer Term 2018 are as follows:
Session I: May 11
Session II: June 1
Session III: July 6
A 50% refund is available to a student who drops a course on or before the day when 20% of the course is over. No other refunds are authorized.
The 50% refund dates for Summer Term 2018 are as follows:
Session I: May 16
Session II: June 8
Session III: July 13
Academic Drop Policy
A student who is registered for a course may drop that course online and receive no grade on or before the day when 60% of the course is completed. No refund will be received.
The Academic Drop dates for Summer Term 2018 are as follows:
Session I: May 24
Session II: June 22
Session III: July 27
See specific course listing on the Summer Term online schedule summerterm.unlv.edu/schedule for the applicable drop dates for special courses that do not meet with the dates of the sessions listed above.
Offset (Swap) Policy
This policy applies only to courses in which you have registered and for which you have paid all fees.
- During the Late Payment period for a course, you may drop that course and add another of equal credits and receive an OFFSET (swap) of fees providing:
- Both courses have the same Late Payment period, and
- You inform the Summer Term Office of your request to OFFSET (swap) fees before the end of the Late Payment period for the course.
- The class must be available for enrollment;
- You must have the instructor's written permission;
- It must be before the end of the 50% refund period;
- You must pay all applicable fees, including a $75 reinstatement fee.
Online registration will not automatically OFFSET fees.Failure to inform the Summer Term Office may VOID the OFFSET and result in penalties.
If you do not pay fees by the end of the Late Payment period, you may be administratively dropped from the course(s) before the end of the Academic Drop period, and you will owe one-half (50%) of the fees for the course.
- If you have enrolled in a course(s) and have not made payment, you may be re-enrolled into the course(s) if you have met the following conditions:
Applicable dates for 100% and 50% refunds are listed under Fiscal Drop Policy.
Refunds are processed weekly and are mailed in the student's name to the address on file in MyUNLV. A student may not pick up their refund check. Contact the Summer Term office for more information.
Adding and Dropping During Late Registration Period
If you add or drop a course(s) during the late registration period you will be subject to the applicable fiscal drop policy and you will owe one half (50%) of the fees for the course unless you offset (swap) the course. You must inform the Summer Term Office of the offset (swap) in person in order to remove the penalty.