Summer Term registration policies and procedures are outlined in the printed Schedule and on the website (here). It is the student's responsibility to familiarize themselves with these policies. Failure to do so is not a basis for filing an appeal. Change of instructor, change in financial aid status, change of work schedule, or first time attendance during Summer Term is also not grounds for appeal.
Appeals are for requesting relief or waiver from a UNLV Summer Term policy. All information requested on the appeal form must be filled out completely and legibly. It is your responsibility to provide a clear and concise statement of your request and to provide all relevant documentation you wish the committee to review.
Each appeal is reviewed individually and the decision will be based on the merits of the appeal and the documentation provided to the committee. Your appeal will not be heard by the committee until all the requested documentation has been received. It is your responsibility to ensure your appeal and all requested documents are received by the Summer Term Office.
Examples of documentation required are as follows. This list is not inclusive; additional documentation may be required for other circumstances.
- Death of immediate family member - death certificate of family member as defined per the Nevada Administrative Code NAC 284.5235 "Immediate family" means: parents, spouse, children, brothers, sisters, grandparents, great-grandparents, uncles, aunts, nephews, grandchildren, nieces, great-grandchildren, and stepparents.
- Medical - appropriate medical documentation on professional letterhead with dates of medical care
- Military orders - change of duty station pursuant to military orders
- Administrative - letter from instructor or department staff on UNLV letterhead, or email directly to the Summer Term Office (email@example.com) supporting student appeal
- Other documentation appropriate to extenuating circumstances outlined in appeal
The appeal process usually takes a minimum of 15 business days after the completed appeal and all documentation are received. At the peak of Summer Term the process could take longer. Make a copy of your appeal and documentation for your records. All documentation shall remain the property of UNLV Summer Term. You will be notified regarding a decision by letter at the mailing address provided on your appeal.
Appeals can be submitted on-line here or you can download the Appeal Form and hand carry it in person to the Summer Term Office in the James E. Rogers Center for Administration and Justice (RAJ), Room 135. The form can also be mailed to the address below or faxed to (702) 895-4636.
Student name and student ID number should appear on all submitted documentation.
Documentation can be submitted to the Summer Term Office in the following ways:
- In Person: James E Rogers Center for Administration and Justice (RAJ) Room 135
- Mail: UNLV Summer Term, 4505 S. Maryland Pkwy Box 451030 Las Vegas, NV 89154-1030
- Fax: (702) 895-4636
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org